The Science Behind Personality Tests and now there are DNA Personality Tests
In the documentary Persona: The Dark Truth Behind Personality Tests, the discriminatory nature of a widely used tool is put under the microscope https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/mar/03/they-become-dangerous-tools-the-dark-side-of-personality-tests
A few personality tests:
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, the world’s most well-known personality quiz, which categorizes everyone into 16 distinct types gleaned from four binaries: people are either introverted or extroverted, sensing (relying on evidence from one’s senses) or intuitive, thinking or feeling, and judging or perceiving. A new perspective on you let personality insights guide your success https://www.mbtionline.com/en-US/Products/For-you ($49.95)
14 Free Personality Tests That’ll Help You Figure Yourself Out
Personality DNA Tests
The idea that your personality hinges on genetics is still highly controversial, though, but once we accept the inevitable truth, we can begin exploring a whole new world of information and discover our true self on an atomic level.
If you’re interested in learning how your genetics affect your personality, you should start by choosing a quality DNA testing provider.
Do Genes Influence Personality?
A summary of recent advances in the nature vs. nurture debate. The current prevailing genetic evidence appears to suggest that we actually don’t have specific genes for personality. And this conclusion doesn’t come from a lack of trying: The US government has spent billions on genetic research. But there are companies providing the testing.
The Science behind Behavioral GeneticsIn order to fully grasp the Science behind Behavioral Genetics, we’ll first have to take a quick glance at behavioral genetics. The science uses numerous methods to pinpoint the origins and nature of behavioral differences between individuals. Contrary to popular belief, its methods aren’t solely tied to genetic influences but environmental ones as well.
Behavioral genetics went a long way from its humble beginnings in Plato’s Protagoras (Dialogues) to modern medical and scientific publications and companies that implemented their findings and turned them into specific testing solutions (Karmagenes, for example).
One of the breaking points was the Human Genome Project initiated in 1990 to sequence the entire human genome and create a comprehensive map of its genes. The entire project took more than 13 years to complete, providing a solid foundation for personality DNA testing.
After applying our rigorous set of ranking criteria and testing all the biggest providers on the market, we’ve come up with a definitive list of the best companies that offer personality DNA testing. From: https://www.top10dnatests.com/best-personality-dna-tests/
- Orig3n – Among many other testing solutions, Orig3n also features one designed to establish a link between your DNA and the way you act, feel, and react to certain stimuli. With the Orig3n Behavior Test you’ll discover how your genetics impacts your tolerance to pain and stress, whether certain drugs make you more or less empathic, whether your genes increase your risk of addiction, and much more. ($29.00)
- Karmagenes – With Karmagenes, you can choose between 4 different options designed to determine your behavioral patterns based on your unique genetic prerequisites. You can start with a simple psychometric analysis and work your way toward a complete behavioral analysis ($96.17)
- New Life Genetics – New Life Genetics offers the so-called Talent Test which contains a psychological segment that defines the genetics of major proteins and neurotransmitters that impact your brain function (BDNF neurotrophins, dopamine, oxytocin, KIBRA protein…). Oxytocin affects your mood, personality, and social skills; KIBRA protein impacts your verbal communication but can also increase your predispositions for dyslexia and language difficulties; BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) influences your special orientation and memory; COMT gene is also explored to reveal your susceptibility to stress. The second part of the test is designed to identify the best sport to fit your genetic potential. Therefore, it’ll explore your muscles, energy metabolism, and motor talents and recommend the best exercise plans for your specific genetic makeup. New Life Genetics’ Talent Test is primarily designed to uncover your potential regarding different sports, but it can also tell you a lot about your personality. ($137.00)
Cliff Locks is a trusted confidant to CEOs, C-Level Exec, and high-potential employees to help them clarify goals, unlock their potential, and create actionable strategic plans.
Available to join your Board as a Certified Master Professional Board of Director and Advisor.
I am a trusted confidant and advisor available by Zoom and by phone to be your right-hand man, who will make a significant contribution and impact on your way to success.
As a Trusted Confidant Advisor, I support you, along with your company’s strategic and annual operating plan. This plan may include marketing, sales, product development, supply chain, hiring policies, compensation, benefits, performance management, and succession planning.
Most successful leaders enjoy talking to someone about their experiences, which is why most develop a close relationship with a Trusted Confidant—a person with whom they feel free to share their thoughts, concerns, and ideas without fear of sharing too much or being judged by the people they lead, or their colleagues and superiors. I am a sounding board who will help you to better develop and see your ideas through to fruition.
The most effective Executive find confidants who complement their strengths and sharpen their effectiveness. Bill Gates uses Steve Ballmer in this way; Warren Buffett turns to vice chairman Charlie Munger. In the end, both the Executive and their organizations benefit from these relationships.
As your trusted confidant, I am always by your side, holding your deepest secrets and never judging. Everything discussed is held in complete confidence.
What many executives feel is missing from their busy life is a trusted business person who understands the holistic complexity of both their business and personal life.
I strive to provide solid financial, business, and family expertise and serve as a dispassionate sounding board, a role I like to call “Executive Confidant.”
By holding a safe place for the Executive to work on life path issues as well as direction, I repeatedly see remarkable benefits as personal values become integrated with wealth and family decisions, enhancing a more meaningful life.
As an Executive Confidant, I welcome a confidential conversation about the most important issues facing the business leader, including:
• Strategic planning toward your visions of success and goal setting • Operations, planning, and execution • Career transition • Retirement • Legacy • Kids and money • Marriage and divorce • Health concerns • Values and life purpose • Vacations • Mentoring & depth of the executive bench • Succession planning
When I do my job well, I facilitate positive action in both your professional and personal life. This consistently has a positive benefit on impacting people within the sphere of your influence.
The job of an Executive can be lonely. For various reasons, confiding in colleagues, company associates, family members, or friends presents complications. Powerful, successful, and wealthy individuals often isolate themselves as a protective reaction because of their inability to find people they can trust and confide in.
Successful people are often surrounded by many people, yet they insulate and isolate themselves to varying levels of degree. This isolation factor is not often discussed in the same context because the assumption is that success and wealth only solve problems. The false belief is that it does not create more problems, when, in fact, sometimes it creates a unique set of new challenges. Success and wealth do not insulate you from the same pitfalls that the everyday person faces. It may give you access to better solutions perhaps, and that is what I can help you achieve. Financial business success can create unique vulnerabilities, often overlooked as most people feel that the “problems” of the wealthy are not real-life problems.
The Executive Confidant can be particularly helpful when:
• Aligning life priorities with the responsibilities of wealth. • Wanting more meaning and purpose in life. • Desiring a candid and experienced perspective. • The answers often come from within, and we cannot arrive at them easily. • Clarity often comes into focus, with skilled questions and guided discovery. The right questions can be the first step in achieving ideal outcomes.
Who can you turn to when you need to find clarity? Who is your “Executive Confidant”?
Referrals to a team members or family members are always welcome.
One-to-One – Individual payment: Strategic Coaching: $295 per month (weekly for 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the depth of our conversation Zoom meeting).
One-to-One – Corporate payment:
i. Coaching & Leadership Development: $600 per month engagement (weekly 1 hour Zoom meeting).
ii. One-to-One Executive Coaching and Mentoring: $600 per month engagement (weekly 1 hour Zoom meeting).
iii. Increasing Top Team Performance and 1:1 Mentoring Sessions: $600 per month engagement (weekly 1 hour Zoom meeting).
iv. Planning New Futures for Senior Executives: $600 per month engagement (weekly 1 hour Zoom meeting).
i. Enhancing Boardroom Effectiveness & Executive Impact Group: Starting at $15,250 per annual engagement.
ii. Strategic & Operational Planning/KPI Development: Starting at $25,500 per annual engagement.
iii. Productivity Assessment & Profitability Improvement: Starting at $25,250 per annual engagement.
iv. Sales Channel and Product Development: Starting at $25,250 per annual engagement.
v. Energy and Sustainability Efficiency Initiatives: Starting at $18,500 per annual engagement.
Board of Directors or Board of Advisors:
- Private company:
- $25,000 to $45,000 per year, depending on the number of Board and Committee meetings.
- Public company:
- Under $50M in revenue: $25,000 to $45,000 per year, per year, depending on number of Board and Committee meetings.
- Micro: $50M – $500M in revenue (click for annual compensation)
- Small: $500M – $1B in revenue (click for annual compensation)
- Medium: $1B – $2.5B in revenue (click for annual compensation)
- Large: $2.5B – $10B in revenue (click for annual compensation)
- Top 200: Largest 200 in the S&P 500 (click for annual compensation)
Email me: [email protected] or Schedule a call: Cliff Locks OptimizeLife #CEO #CFO #COO #BoD #CXO #Professionalpedia #TeamBuilder #success #beyourself #goals #lifeisgood #Influencer #Successful #Business #WorkLife #OfficeLife #Work #Office #Inspiration #Marketing #Tips #Leadership #BusinessIntelligence #InvestmentCapitalGrowth