Create Your Own Personal User Manual And Share It With Your Team
A Personal User Manual helps others understand your history, leadership, and communication style, which helps your team and stakeholders to learn more about the real you; plus, you can always return any time to update it.
Communication Style: Direct and to the point
I am known for:
I am an executive management leader with experience as a President and CEO, VP of Sales & Marketing, acquiring new customers, and supporting operational teams to fulfill the company’s long-term strategic direction and achieve unprecedented success levels along the way. I’m a sales and marketing expert with a proven record of cultivating and securing relationships with major international corporate partners/clients.
I’ve built positive working relationships within large organizations, including Amazon, Walmart, Target, LG, DeLonghi, Haier America (GE Appliances), Breville, Newell Brands (Jarden Corporation), Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes Benz, and BMW.
Businesses served range in size from early pre-revenue entrepreneurial firms to $520 billion multinationals.
Personal Approach to Work:
- Plan and Execute
- Flexible start and end times
- Time commitments are always met with enthusiasm and punctuality
You’ll find my approach to work is with a solid understanding of the vision of success, and it’s always at the forefront of everything I do. I’m logical, analytical, linear, and data-oriented, very organized, sequential, planned, and detailed-oriented. I’m supportive of my teams and clients, helping them remove obstacles and gain new knowledge to do their jobs better. I’m expressive with praise. I consistently see the big-picture, and my ideation solves challenges.
Preferred Communication Channels: Regularly scheduled 1:1 meetings, normally a scheduled Zoom meeting.
I enjoy setting expectations for my teams and clients. This so important; it’s an essential responsibility that many business owners gloss over. Clear employee expectations benefit not only your staff but your business as a whole.
Feedback Preferences: Very open – give me feedback in any form at any time
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: ENFJ
- Here is my results: https://www.truity.com/personality-test/17600/test-results/29891760
- The most prevalent:
- ENFJ – The Teacher a 86% Match – ENFJs are idealist organizers, driven to implement their vision of what is best for humanity.
- ENTJ – The Commander an 82% Match – ENTJs are strategic leaders, motivated to organize others and drive innovation.
What is Important:
- I don’t worry so much about hours worked as about outcomes.
- That my team is open and honest with each other.
- Everything that needs to be said is said in the room and not whispered afterward.
Every employee should expect to maintain the following behaviors in the workplace:
- Work with honesty and integrity.
- Respect each other and be courteous and sensitive to everyone’s needs and concerns.
- Be accountable for your work.
- Be flexible about job and task assignments.
- Be willing to help each other.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Be self-motivated and reliable.
- Be cheerful, positive, and encouraging to other team members.
My Management Style:
- I want to understand what people are working on and give input when needed.
- I expect people to be 100% independent, and they don’t need to run actions or decisions by me.
Every employee should have from their management:
- Proper training, support, and leadership
- Safe and healthy working environments
- Full disclosure and explanation of the job responsibilities, company policies, and procedures
- Regular feedback on performance from supervisors or managers
- Keep it friendly and ask for input
Leadership Values and Principles:
- I work with many current and next generation of leaders; their teams always solve complex challenges.
- Instead of looking outside of the box, get rid of the boxes.
- Think both in terms of outside-in and inside-out.
- Focus on root causes instead of symptoms.
- Approach things through two-directional thinking.
- Focus on relationships/networks instead of transactions.
- Collaborate and co-create.
- Align purpose and profit.
- Steer away from complacent compliance.
- Think BIG, plan, and execute!
- Expertise as the founder of three entrepreneurial companies, each had a successful exit.
- Including my firm’s resale with additional assets for KKR – Primedia, $1.2B in cash.
- Board of Director, Executive Coach, and Angel Investor.
Fields of experience:
♦ Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS)
♦ Multinational Enterprises Global Value Chains – Reshoring and Nearshoring
♦ Hydrogen Production & Fuel Cell Technology – CleanTech
♦ Wellness, Digital Health, and Organic Produce
♦ Financial Portfolio Analysis Software
♦ eCommerce Platforms
♦ Machine and Deep Learning, AI, Computer Vision, Neuromorphic & Natural Language
♦ Smart Manufacturing that applies information and manufacturing intelligence
♦ Dental Oral Appliances – Epigenetics, and Biotechnology
♦ Internet of Things (IoT)
♦ Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
♦ Supply Chain – Reverse Logistics – Manufacturing
♦ Social Media Software
Executive Specialties: Strategic Organizational Leadership • Strategic Visioning & Direction Setting • Sales & Marketing Strategy • Business Development • Capital Raising • Operations Management • Strategic Analysis & Planning • Market Research & Opportunity Identification • Digital Media • Advertising • Customer Relationship Management • Executive Team Leadership • Financial Control • P&L Management • Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) • Team Building • Talent Development & Coaching • Kaizen Methodology of Continuous Improvement • Trusted Executive and Professional Confidant
Cliff Locks is a trusted confidant to CEOs, C-Level Exec, and high-potential employees to help them clarify goals, unlock their potential, and create actionable strategic plans.
Available to join your Board as a Certified Master Professional Board of Director and Advisor.
I am a trusted confidant and advisor available by Zoom and by phone to be your right-hand man, who will make a significant contribution and impact on your way to success.
As a Trusted Confidant Advisor, I support you, along with your company’s strategic and annual operating plan. This plan may include marketing, sales, product development, supply chain, hiring policies, compensation, benefits, performance management, and succession planning.
Most successful leaders enjoy talking to someone about their experiences, which is why most develop a close relationship with a Trusted Confidant—a person with whom they feel free to share their thoughts, concerns, and ideas without fear of sharing too much or being judged by the people they lead, or their colleagues and superiors. I am a sounding board who will help you to better develop and see your ideas through to fruition.
The most effective Executive find confidants who complement their strengths and sharpen their effectiveness. Bill Gates uses Steve Ballmer in this way; Warren Buffett turns to vice chairman Charlie Munger. In the end, both the Executive and their organizations benefit from these relationships.
As your trusted confidant, I am always by your side, holding your deepest secrets and never judging. Everything discussed is held in complete confidence.
What many executives feel is missing from their busy life is a trusted business person who understands the holistic complexity of both their business and personal life.
I strive to provide solid financial, business, and family expertise and serve as a dispassionate sounding board, a role I like to call “Executive Confidant.”
By holding a safe place for the Executive to work on life path issues as well as direction, I repeatedly see remarkable benefits as personal values become integrated with wealth and family decisions, enhancing a more meaningful life.
As an Executive Confidant, I welcome a confidential conversation about the most important issues facing the business leader, including:
• Strategic planning toward your visions of success and goal setting • Operations, planning, and execution • Career transition • Retirement • Legacy • Kids and money • Marriage and divorce • Health concerns • Values and life purpose • Vacations • Mentoring & depth of the executive bench • Succession planning
When I do my job well, I facilitate positive action in both your professional and personal life. This consistently has a positive benefit on impacting people within the sphere of your influence.
The job of an Executive can be lonely. For various reasons, confiding in colleagues, company associates, family members, or friends presents complications. Powerful, successful, and wealthy individuals often isolate themselves as a protective reaction because of their inability to find people they can trust and confide in.
Successful people are often surrounded by many people, yet they insulate and isolate themselves to varying levels of degree. This isolation factor is not often discussed in the same context because the assumption is that success and wealth only solve problems. The false belief is that it does not create more problems, when, in fact, sometimes it creates a unique set of new challenges. Success and wealth do not insulate you from the same pitfalls that the everyday person faces. It may give you access to better solutions perhaps, and that is what I can help you achieve. Financial business success can create unique vulnerabilities, often overlooked as most people feel that the “problems” of the wealthy are not real-life problems.
The Executive Confidant can be particularly helpful when:
• Aligning life priorities with the responsibilities of wealth. • Wanting more meaning and purpose in life. • Desiring a candid and experienced perspective. • The answers often come from within, and we cannot arrive at them easily. • Clarity often comes into focus, with skilled questions and guided discovery. The right questions can be the first step in achieving ideal outcomes.
Who can you turn to when you need to find clarity? Who is your “Executive Confidant”?
Referrals to a team members or family members are always welcome.
One-to-One – Individual payment: Strategic Coaching: $295 per month (weekly for 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the depth of our conversation Zoom meeting).
One-to-One – Corporate payment:
i. Coaching & Leadership Development: $600 per month engagement (weekly 1 hour Zoom meeting).
ii. One-to-One Executive Coaching and Mentoring: $600 per month engagement (weekly 1 hour Zoom meeting).
iii. Increasing Top Team Performance and 1:1 Mentoring Sessions: $600 per month engagement (weekly 1 hour Zoom meeting).
iv. Planning New Futures for Senior Executives: $600 per month engagement (weekly 1 hour Zoom meeting).
i. Enhancing Boardroom Effectiveness & Executive Impact Group: Starting at $15,250 per annual engagement.
ii. Strategic & Operational Planning/KPI Development: Starting at $25,500 per annual engagement.
iii. Productivity Assessment & Profitability Improvement: Starting at $25,250 per annual engagement.
iv. Sales Channel and Product Development: Starting at $25,250 per annual engagement.
v. Energy and Sustainability Efficiency Initiatives: Starting at $18,500 per annual engagement.
Board of Directors or Board of Advisors:
- Private company:
- $25,000 to $45,000 per year, depending on the number of Board and Committee meetings.
- Public company:
- Under $50M in revenue: $25,000 to $45,000 per year, per year, depending on number of Board and Committee meetings.
- Micro: $50M – $500M in revenue (click for annual compensation)
- Small: $500M – $1B in revenue (click for annual compensation)
- Medium: $1B – $2.5B in revenue (click for annual compensation)
- Large: $2.5B – $10B in revenue (click for annual compensation)
- Top 200: Largest 200 in the S&P 500 (click for annual compensation)
Email me: [email protected] or Schedule a call: Cliff Locks OptimizeLife #CEO #CFO #COO #BoD #CXO #Professionalpedia #TeamBuilder #success #beyourself #goals #lifeisgood #Influencer #Successful #Business #WorkLife #OfficeLife #Work #Office #Inspiration #Marketing #Tips #Leadership #BusinessIntelligence #InvestmentCapitalGrowth